Google is the largest search engine in the world and it allows us to search any keyword to find websites, articles and much more, all related to the subject we are interested in. It has enabled businesses to open up their trade to more and more people and has given small businesses and sole traders the visibility that they wouldn’t have otherwise had. Such as Web design in Yorkshire https://www.etempa.co.uk/ has allowed people to make the most of appearing in the Google search listings.
Here are some facts about Google that you might not have heard of:
- Google was originally named Backrub back in 1996 when Sergey Brin and Larry Page first started working on the early versions of the web crawler.
- Brin and Page met purely by chance when Brin was asked to show Page around the Stanford University campus after he decided to attend the university for his PHD.
- The very first doodle that appeared on Google was a burning man stick figure and appeared back in 1998 as a way of letting people know that they were attending the Burning Man Festival.
- Gmail was launched on April Fool’s day back in 2004 having many people assuming that the email system was a hoax.
- Google is a pet friendly office with many of the employees bringing their dogs to work with them each day.