Whilst we may have a strong sense of DIY in this country and the addition of guides on Youtube have helped this, there are still some things that you should only leave to the professionals to do. What are these roles I hear you ask. Here is a list of them.
- Space Exploration. Ok, it’s unlikely that you’ll need to go into space but the astronaut programme that NASA has is very tough and you have to do it for two years before you qualify. It involves such things as being weightless for 20 to 25 seconds in a KC-135. Most people are sick.
- Gas Boiler repair. Do not in any circumstances touch your boiler. If it is making funny noises then just bleed the radiators. If it’s still being weird then call a professional.
- Double glazing installation. There is no way you can knock out your old windows and put in new ones yourself. You can cause terrible damage. You need to call a Tewkesbury Double Glazing company so visit Firmfix before you do and get the sledgehammer out.
- Open heart surgery. It takes two years to learn the basics and then 6 to 8 to become proficient in open heart surgery. Your mate Dave down the pub does not have a clue.
- Flying an Airbus A380. I don’t care if you’ve managed to get one up and down on a flight simulator, or even managed to land one at St Marteens without embedding it into the runway unless you’ve got seven thousand hours real flying time and membership of BALPA you are not flying that plane. Period.