The dreaded MOT test is a yearly trial but it has to be down. It is the only way to ensure that all of our cars are safe and roadworthy before we set out in them. The test has grown a lot since its introduction in the 1960’s. Back then it was only needed every ten years! Funnily enough the original test focused on some of the things that appear in this list. If it’s getting near MOT Gloucester, Bristol, Bath or Cirencester time for you then Get your MOT done in Gloucester before it’s too late. Here are a few things that the car most commonly fails on that you can help prevent with a servicing pre-check.
- Suspension. There is nothing that you can do to home fix this. It is the most common fail point and a pre check is the best way to avoid it.
- Tyres. Unsurprisingly the tyres are the next thing to fail. This could be because of driving style or that the alignment of the wheels is off. With the state of Britain’s roads and the amount of speed bumps this is to be expected. All you can do is check your tyres regularly.
- Lights. At least Bulbs are relatively easy to fix as they are generally uniform and can be fitted following the manual. Again a regular check is required.
- Emissions. Apart from the use of additives there is little that you can do.
- Windscreen wipers. Again, a regular check should be enough.
Hopefully this measure will avoid an expensive retest.